Wednesday, January 6, 2016

CBS Sunday Morning

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paula-poundstone-electronics-and-kids-brains-dont-mix/ 

My favorite thing to do when I wake up on Sunday morning is to watch the television program CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood. This program is always full of “feel good” stories and there’s always a story that brings a tear to my eye. These tears come straight from the heart. With all the shootings and bad things you hear every day going on all over the world, this hour and a half show proves that there are still really good people out there. 

Every week there’s a commentary segment and a couple Sundays ago, I found this commentary from Paula Poundstone to be very interesting. It’s called ‘Electronics and kids’ brains don’t mix’. She talked about an addiction to smartphones, tablets and video games being no good for developing brains and asks, “Are we all spending too much time looking at screens?”

While she’s only a comedienne and not a doctor or a psychologist with the credentials to support this fact, she still brings up some very interesting comments. I guess I support her points of view because I don’t consider myself “addicted” to electronics. In this day and age, I believe there are more people addicted to electronics than those who are not. Read or view her commentary and decide for yourself. Let us know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment