Monday, April 30, 2012

All in a day...

Well, I attended a Webinar yesterday and it was somewhat interesting. The webinar, hosted by INEXPOLIVE, featured a guest speaker (Carman Tarren) who talked about Innovative Techniques for Multi Taskers. The subject seemed perfect for me. After all I consider myself an exceptional Multi Tasker, have been my whole life. Although some people have suggested I have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. I even took a 300 question test for it and I did not qualify (I think because I actually finished the test).

When I started the webinar I expected it to be live, but a still picture of the speaker came up on the screen. She was quite attractive and I wondered if this was planned. I thought INEXPOLIVE meant LIVE? After getting used to seeing Carman’s face (and realizing I’d just be staring at this for an hour), I noticed that people were chatting and answering questions on another screen. This was very distracting, but then again it was a seminar on MULTI TASKING. Maybe just like not being diagnosed with ADD I was not as proficient at Multi Tasking as I originally thought?

About 10 minutes into the presentation, while looking at Carman and reading the comments on the small screen, I decided to take some notes myself. Some of the more revealing stats that the lovely Carmen shared were:

• 294 Billion emails are sent a day
• 2 million blog posts are posted a day
• 35 million apps are opened a day
• 250 million photos are downloaded a day
• 200 million minutes a day are spent on Angry Birds
• The one that really blew me a way was…
• The average length of time that a person stays on a website is 8 seconds…

Sounds to me like all these Multi Taskers are wasting a lot of time not doing much.

All in a day…

No comments:

Post a Comment